Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Buying a home in North Minneapolis

Taking a short break from my normal type of post, I just wanted to throw it out there that my little brother and I are going to be buying a house relatively soon in North Minneapolis. We're hopefully going to make an offer on one today. It's pretty exciting for a number of reasons...
1. I never thought I'd be able to afford a house.
2. The housing market situation potentially makes it possible for us to have a supplemented income with having multiple properties and renters.
3. I'm almost in Minneapolis.
4. I get to live in a brand new city near wherever FTC would be.

We'll post some pictures soon. They are all a little run down, but we'll get our lucky home looking pretty sassy before too long.

Here are some questions that I'm dealing with right now as I think about moving. Any comments and help with them would be appreciated.

How do I love well as I leave Eau Claire? How do I leave my closest friends in a manner that shows them how much they mean to me and how awesome they have been for me? How do I get connected in my new city? How do I learn about the culture of a new place? How do I express to them my love for them? How do I begin conversations about the spiritual with people, not so I can throw the three step gospel program at them, but so I can build a relationship with them and gently, constantly, show them Christ in words and speech? How often should I visit Eau Claire?

Live today well,
-jeremiah

1 comment:

Ariah said...

Welcome to North (If you've moved),

I think you'll like it here.